Some reasons why Finns may be good workers for international NGO's or the UN, inferred from subjective mulling and a few days of seminars at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
- inability to see corruption as an option
- lack of an imperialist past or present
- a history that has taught a certain sensitivity concerning political realities, however unfair they may be
Some reasons why Finns may be bad workers for such organisations:
- plain-spokenness (a lot of verbal decoration is often expected)
- inexperience of strict hierarchies and co-workers who respect them
- inability to accept the fact that things do not always work
One more list: top three health-related reasons for repatriation of Finns from developing countries.
- traffic accidents
- mental problems
A word closely associated with the last two items on the list: disillusionment.